incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] graduate stdcxx to TLP
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 18:09:29 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
> After over two years in the incubator, two releases under our belt
> (one snapshot and one official release) and a third one coming,
> the stdcxx community with the support of our mentors feel that we
> are ready to propose to the Incubator PMC to graduate stdcxx to
> a Top Level Project. See the following vote thread in the archives:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--ready-to-graduate-tf4386148.html#a12504335

+1!  Congratulations guys, it's been a long road, but as a Mentor I believe
we are there.  I certainly hope that growth of diversity continues as a TLP
and will hang around as a PMC folk to help ensure that this continues, thou
Martin has my +1 that he will do a good job in continuing to keep this
focused in the ASF spirit.

> To that end we have prepared the resolution for the Board below
> to be presented for consideration at the upcoming Board meeting.
>
> We invite everyone to vote to approve this proposal.

Just one edit;

>    WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests
>    of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to
>    establish a Project, to be known as "Apache C++ Standard Library",

i/and also known by the abbreviation Apache stdcxx,/

>    a portable implementation of the C++ Standard library as specified
>    in ISO/IEC 14882, International Standard for Programming Languages
>    -- C++, for distribution at no charge to the public.

Just ask our mod_python friends what happens if you overlook this in your
resolution ;-P

Bill