incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject [VOTE] graduate stdcxx to TLP
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 01:51:40 GMT
After over two years in the incubator, two releases under our belt
(one snapshot and one official release) and a third one coming,
the stdcxx community with the support of our mentors feel that we
are ready to propose to the Incubator PMC to graduate stdcxx to
a Top Level Project. See the following vote thread in the archives:

http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--ready-to-graduate-tf4386148.html#a12504335

To that end we have prepared the resolution for the Board below
to be presented for consideration at the upcoming Board meeting.

We invite everyone to vote to approve this proposal.

Thank you.
Martin

Establish the Apache C++ Standard Library project:

    WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests
    of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to
    establish a Project, to be known as "Apache C++ Standard Library",
    a portable implementation of the C++ Standard library as specified
    in ISO/IEC 14882, International Standard for Programming Languages
    -- C++, for distribution at no charge to the public.

    NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
    (PMC), to be known as the Apache C++ Standard Library Project
    Management Committee, is hereby established pursuant to Bylaws of
    the Foundation; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the Apache C++ Standard Library PMC be and hereby
    is charged with the creation and maintenance of "Apache C++
    Standard Library"; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache C++ Standard
    Library" be and hereby is created, the person holding such office
    to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
    of the Apache C++ Standard Library PMC, and to have primary
    responsibility for management of the projects within the scope
    of responsibility of the Apache C++ Standard Library PMC; and be
    it further

    RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby
    are appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache C++
    Standard Library PMC:

    *  Andrew Black <ablack@apache.org>
    *  Anton Pevtsov <apevtsov@apache.org>
    *  Amit Jindal <ajindal@apache.org>
    *  Eric Lemings <elemings@apache.org>
    *  Heidi Buelow <hbuelow@apache.org>
    *  Farid Zaripov <faridz@apache.org>
    *  Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@apache.org>
    *  Liviu Nicoara <lnicoara@apache.org>
    *  Mark Brown <mbrown@apache.org>
    *  Martin Sebor <sebor@apache.org>
    *  Tim Triemstra <ttriemstra@apache.org>
    *  William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@apache.org>

    NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Martin Sebor be
    appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache C++ Standard
    Library, to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction
    of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
    death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
    or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the Apache C++ Standard Library Project be and
    hereby is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the
    Apache C++ Standard Library podling; and be it further

    C++ Standard Library podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
    PMC are hereafter discharged.