incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] graduate stdcxx to TLP
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2007 20:53:26 GMT

On Oct 13, 2007, at 12:38 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Martin,
>
> After reviewing
>
>> http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--ready-to-graduate-
>> tf4386148.html#a12504335
>
> I have two issues.  First:
>
> Martin Sebor wrote:
>> Bill Rowe wrote:
>>> With a caviat - I'd expect the crew to run the next possible release
>>> tarball against the RAT tool to make sure every copyright licensing
>>> wrinkle has been ironed out.
>>
>> I'm still cleaning up the license headers on trunk. Once we're
>> all satisfied with the result and after we merge trunk to 4.2.0
>> I plan to take your suggestion and solicit help from some good
>> soul on general@... to run the tool for us (if we're still
>> in incubation).
>
> I would like to see the legal stuff resolved first.  I don't
> believe that we
> should release a project with existing copyright issues.

I have exactly the same concern. The voting took place in July with a
vague comment to try to run RAT and it's now three months later and...

Has anything further been done on this? When I first found out about
RAT, it took me all of 10 minutes of internet searching to find out
what/where/how to run RAT, and another 10 minutes to run it and find
all the license issues.

So while I'm satisfied that there are no "license issues" with the IP
in the project, I'm concerned that there are "notice issues"; it's
not easy for someone downloading the release to understand that the
IP is clean.

And without me digging through the archives, were any of the notice
issues raised during the last release review in the incubator?

Craig