incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Graduation: how do we check "three or more independent committers" ?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 00:21:19 GMT

On Oct 16, 2007, at 4:05 PM, Simon Nash wrote:

> Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>
>> Not to go down a rat hole but I think that clarifying the
>> affiliations needs some refinement.  On Apache Geronimo we have a
>> few  committers that work for IBM but their participation is not
>> part of  their day job.  Would the committer in question for this
>> situation  state that they are independent?  I'm looking for
>> clarification as I  expect that this same situation may exist for
>> other incubator  projects and like Matthieu I would be concerned
>> about creating a set  of hard rules where what I think we're
>> looking for is project  independence based on individual merit and
>> contribution.

> Good point, Matt.  This applies to Tuscany as well.

I do think it would be good to clarify the meaning of affiliations,
and make it more flexible.

This topic has been kicked around for a while. Is there some
consensus that affiliation is project-specific, such that a committer
can be independent on project A while working on another project B
as their "day job"?

Craig