incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Assigning issues in JIRA?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:52:54 GMT
Hi Janne,

I'm copying the incubator general list for feedback from others with
more experience in ICLA vs. Software Grant...

On Oct 22, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Janne Jalkanen wrote:

>> Perhaps you can recap the status of the code. Was most of the code
>> written by a small number of people? Were there a large number of
>> substantial contributors at some point? Either a Software Grant or
>> an ICLA would be appropriate once we understand the nature of the
>> contributions.
>
> This reflects the current situation pretty accurately.  I've
> contacted everyone, so I know how to find them.
>
> http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/ApacheRelicensing
>
> If they don't want to sign an ICLA, a software grant is still
> sufficient?

Yes. An ICLA covers current and future contributions, but if all they
want is to grant rights and not contribute further, a Software Grant
is fine. If they want to contribute in future, they can always submit
an ICLA later.

Craig

> /Janne

Craig Russell