incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <>
Subject Re: Diversity requirement
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:08:26 GMT
On Wednesday 31 October 2007 12:30, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> I know on Geronimo, and i suspect other projects as well,
> that there have been many times that people that worked for the same
> company voted differently so I don't think its totally pointless but I
> understand the concern.

I would also suspect that voting is less of an issue (at least from
perspective) than "company decides to focus on other things and drops
financial support" kind of issues...

I kind of think that technical merit will succeed most of the time. An
exception to that, that I can think of, might be when existing codebases are
to merge into one. I think we have seen that a couple of times already...

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here;
I  work here;
I relax here;