incubator-general mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The meta-data problem, redux -- call for help
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 06:10:27 GMT

"Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com> writes:

> That is already part of the STATUS document.  The problem is that we have
> all sorts of data stored in way too many places, constantly getting out of
> synch.  This is an issue we really need to address, and I've asked for
> suggestions.

Do we have a list of the data that we need to keep in synch?

Couldn't we keep all of this data in a status file for each project?
Then the status pages and, well, anything else, could just parse that
document?

I'm still a fan of flat files in svn that can be parsed by anyone or
anything, but that's me.  If people would rather have it in a wiki or
database, then go ahead.

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁          cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905