incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How strict should podling release reviews be?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 08:16:13 GMT
On 9/27/07, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...So I'm wondering if as podling releases are not endorsed by the ASF and if
> the "incubating" and the disclaimer text is everywhere as required then
> could we be a little more lenient? Maybe just note any issues so they can be
> fixed in the next release?...

Do you mean technical issues ("code does not work") or legal stuff
("notice is missing for library XYZ")?

IMHO the incubator PMC doesn't care much about technical issues in
podling releases, at least for early releases.

What we care about is that podlings get the "legal stuff" right, and
letting releases out without this being ok is not an option, due to
potential legal risks.

-Bertrand