incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <>
Subject Re: How strict should podling release reviews be?
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:12:01 GMT

On 9/27/07, ant elder <> wrote:
> What are people thoughts on how strict reviews should be when saying an
> issue is serious enough to block a podling release?

This is somewhat subjective, which is not bad in my book.  We're all
trying to balance at least two serious considerations: the importance
of cutting releases in order to increase adoption and community, and
the importance of learning "the Apache Way," one component of which is
proper attention to licensing, notices, disclaimers, etc.

> So I'm wondering if as podling releases are not endorsed by the ASF and if
> the "incubating" and the disclaimer text is everywhere as required then
> could we be a little more lenient? Maybe just note any issues so they can be
> fixed in the next release?

Personally, that's my take on it, and what I've done historically.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message