incubator-general mailing list archives

From Lawrence Mandel <lman...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Incubator Proposal: Pig
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 20:22:46 GMT
>Is there any particular reason you want this podling to be sponsored
>by the Incubator PMC (which is generally done for projects that intend
>to turn into their own top level project)

Is this true? I thought all new projects had to go through the incubator.
Woden [1] is an incubator project that plans to graduate and join the WS
PMC.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/woden/

Lawrence

"Garrett Rooney" <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
Sent by: rooneg@gmail.com
09/18/2007 04:02 PM
Please respond to
general@incubator.apache.org

general@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Incubator Proposal: Pig

On 9/18/07, Olga Natkovich <olgan@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yahoo! research and development teams have developed a proposal below.
The
> proposal is also available on wiki at
> <http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/PigProposal>
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/PigProposal.
> We would like to ask that the ASF consider forming a podling according
> the proposal.

Is there any particular reason you want this podling to be sponsored
by the Incubator PMC (which is generally done for projects that intend
to turn into their own top level project) rather than having it
sponsored by the Lucene PMC (where Hadoop currently resides)?  It
seems to me that the close relationship between Pig and Hadoop implies
that they very well might best be served under the same roof.

-garrett