incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject The meta-data problem, redux -- call for help
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:27:16 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:

> I just went through the September wiki page and had to replace almost
> all placeholder entries as out of sync with the reporting schedule.

Thanks.  My pet peeve (redundant metadata) raises its ugly head again.

> To the best of my knowledge (and currently reflected on the wiki page)
> the projects that should report this month are log4php, River, and
> TripleSoup. The newly started projects Sanselan and Sling should
> probably also report. Anything I'm missing?

According to incubator-info.txt:

  March, June, September, December
  --------------------------------
      ADF Faces
      Kabuki
      UIMA

Kabuki is long closed; log4php, River and TripleSoup aren't even listed, nor
are Sanselan and Sling.  In other words, this is a mess.

> Would it make sense to add a started/graduated/retired projects list
> to the report template?  That might make it easier to follow the
> status transitions going on all the time.

That is already part of the STATUS document.  The problem is that we have
all sorts of data stored in way too many places, constantly getting out of
synch.  This is an issue we really need to address, and I've asked for
suggestions.

	--- Noel