incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Export Notification - Using BouncyCastle in Tuscany Rel 1.0
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2007 16:18:33 GMT

On Sep 16, 2007, at 11:37 AM, ant elder wrote:

> On 9/16/07, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> I don't see a an unencumbered BouncyCastle distribution which is not
>> encumbered.
>

> Is there any reason we can't just make one? The license seems ok
> for that:
> http://www.bouncycastle.org/licence.html. Is it just the one class
> in the
> bouncycastle jar that has the IDEA algorithm:
> org.bouncycastle.crypto.engines.IDEAEngine?
>
> If we use some jar processor such as the shade-maven-plugin to
> strip out
> that one class and create a new bcprov-no-idea-jdk15-136.jar and
> distribute
> that would that solve this problem? Could even try to get that new jar
> published in a repository somewhere so other projects can use it.

Ant,
If you can do that, I think that effectively inhibits IDEA support in
BouncyCastle. FYI, this email contains some information about
inhibiting IDEA -- http://www.bouncycastle.org/devmailarchive/
msg05065.html

It seems that IDEAEngine is not the only class that requires
modification. There are also some signing issues if you are using JCE...

--kevan