incubator-general mailing list archives

From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] JSPWiki
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 16:45:15 GMT
> I believe Janne has already looked into this and has a good list of
> all former contributors. Janne, can you comment on the difficulty of
> this challenge?

Already ahead of you.  We have all but one tracked down and all have
already agreed.  The question is whether they need to sign CLAs or
whether it is just enough that they verbally in an email agree to the
license change.

I have discounted people who have just sent simple patches, since in
my admittedly non-legal opinion, simple patches do not cross the
boundary of an original work, and therefore cannot be claimed to be
copyrighted.

/Janne