incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Incubator Proposal: SPL
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 18:44:57 GMT
Hi,

A few comments on this proposal.

On Sep 14, 2007, at 11:11 AM, David L Kaminsky wrote:

> The design of SPL, a Preliminary DMTF standard, is inspired by
> existing policy languages and models including PDL (policy definition
> language) from Bell Laboratories, the Ponder policy language from
> Imperial College, and other policy languages.

Are there any IP issues with these standards? Under what licenses are
these languages and models released?

> Relationships with other Apache Products

As a project name, cimspl doesn't grab me. Since email aliases are
long-lived, it might be well to discuss a suitable project name
before entering incubation. How about "mordac" after the Scott Adams
IT manager ;-)

> Champion
>
> -    Bill Stoddard(stoddard@apache.org)
>
> Nominated Mentors
>
> -    Bill Stoddard(stoddard@apache.org)

I'll volunteer to help mentor this project.

Regards,

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com