incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Abdera 0.3.0-incubating
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:04:23 GMT

On Sep 27, 2007, at 4:40 PM, Garrett Rooney wrote:

> On 9/27/07, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2. No ASF Copyright in your NOTICE files. As described here --
>> http://
>> www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice. There should be a
>> copyright notice for the work that's occurring within the Abdera
>> project, itself.
>
> Umm, yes it is.  It's on line 6 and 7 of the file:
>
> This product includes software developed by
> The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).

Well, I would expect an actual "Copyright" statement, before I would
consider that to be the case. Something like:

Apache Abdera
Copyright 2006-2007 The Apache Software Foundation

>> 4. Missing Apache source license headers. RAT is noting the following
>> files from your source are missing license headers. IMO, a number of
>> these files could and should have an Apache source license header.
<snip>

> If you're going to paste RAT output into an email, at least filter it
> for sanity.

OK. I thought someone associated with the project would be best
suited to perform that triage. The list didn't seem overly excessive,
but I'll create a url, next time...

--kevan