incubator-general mailing list archives

From "ant elder" <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How strict should podling release reviews be?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:55:50 GMT

> On 9/28/07, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > What we care about is that podlings get the "legal stuff" right, and
> > letting releases out without this being ok is not an option, due to
> > potential legal risks.
>
> I thought projects in incubator were not endorsed by the ASF, hence
> the ASF could not be responsible for the legal stuff in podling
> releases...  Did I miss something here ?

This is exactly the question i'm trying to clarify. The policy at
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases says:

- No release made by a Podling will be endorsed by the ASF
- (releases) SHALL NOT occur until all source has been legally transferred
to the ASF.
- the release archive MUST contain the word "incubating" in the filename
- the release archive MUST contain an Incubation disclaimer

and that seems to imply there is no constraint that every podling release
MUST met all the legal requirements expected of a non-incubating ASF
release.

   ...ant