incubator-general mailing list archives

From "ant elder" <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject How strict should podling release reviews be?
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:03:47 GMT
What are people thoughts on how strict reviews should be when saying an
issue is serious enough to block a podling release?

Current incubator release policy is described at:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

Some things said there are:

"No release made by a Podling will be endorsed by the ASF. Unendorsed
releases may be made by Podlings subject to the following policy...."

and the two constraints listed are:

    * the release archive MUST contain the word "incubating" in the
filename; and
    * the release archive MUST contain an Incubation disclaimer (as
described in the previous section), clearly visible in the main
documentation or README file.

So I'm wondering if as podling releases are not endorsed by the ASF and if
the "incubating" and the disclaimer text is everywhere as required then
could we be a little more lenient? Maybe just note any issues so they can be
fixed in the next release?

   ...ant