incubator-general mailing list archives

From "ant elder" <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Export Notification - Using BouncyCastle in Tuscany Rel 1.0
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2007 15:37:35 GMT

<snip>

I don't see a an unencumbered BouncyCastle distribution which is not
> encumbered.

Is there any reason we can't just make one? The license seems ok for that:
http://www.bouncycastle.org/licence.html. Is it just the one class in the
bouncycastle jar that has the IDEA algorithm:
org.bouncycastle.crypto.engines.IDEAEngine?

If we use some jar processor such as the shade-maven-plugin to strip out
that one class and create a new bcprov-no-idea-jdk15-136.jar and distribute
that would that solve this problem? Could even try to get that new jar
published in a repository somewhere so other projects can use it.

   ...ant