incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Export Notification - Using BouncyCastle in Tuscany Rel 1.0
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 23:55:17 GMT

On Sep 14, 2007, at 3:26 PM, Venkata Krishnan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using Apache Rampart 1.3 to enable ws security into the ws-
> binding-axis2 module for Apache Tuscany v1.0 which we hope to
> release in a week.  Using Rampart seems to bring in the
> Bouncycastle dependency for encryption functions.  I have followed
> the instructions on http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html#sources
> and I have attached the patch in this mail to include Tuscany to
> the matrix on http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/.  I have also
> run the xsl and the generated mail sample is also attached in this
> mail.
>
> Could somebody please help with reviewing and applying the patch.
> Also, is there anything else to do with this other than the mention
> on the Distro README which we will do.

There was a discussion earlier this year about Tuscany, BouncyCastle,
and a patented IDEA algorithm implemented by BouncyCastle -- http://
mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200702.mbox/%
3c8044E00A-9746-4ECC-9104-F6AF96731FC5@yahoo.com%3e

Here's some background information -- http://mail-archives.apache.org/
mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200508.mbox/%3C1AB1C8BD-
B886-43C3-8D54-47B558B6DD66@apache.org%3E

Did the Tuscany project reach a decision about the patented IDEA
algorithm in BouncyCastle?

--kevan