incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mike Edwards <mike.edwards.inglen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Field of use constraint on OSOA license?
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2007 09:56:02 GMT
Folks,

At present, I believe that the OSOA SCA specifications do not contain
any actual conformance statements that would allow anyone to judge
whether an implementation is compliant or not.  As a result, this
restriction is somewhat moot.

As a result, I don't consider this restriction of great concern to Tuscany.

The situation is likely to be very different when it comes to the OASIS
versions of the SCA specifications.  OASIS requires conformance
statements and the OASIS SCA TCs have charters which not only require
the creation of conformance statements in the specifications but also
require the creation of Test Suites for each of the specs.  In this
respect, the OASIS SCA specifications will be closer to the JCP JSR
process, which requires a test suite to be created alongside the
specifications.

Folks who have views on conformance and test suites for SCA are welcome
to submit their ideas to the relevant OASIS SCA TCs.

Yours,  Mike.