incubator-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator Proposal: Pig
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 21:45:08 GMT
Garrett Rooney wrote:
> (if anything it seems like a new TLP
> associated with hadoop and generic distributed computing tools like
> pig that are built on top of hadoop seems like it would make more
> sense than just a pig TLP),

Yes, I agree.  But that's not happened yet, and the Pig folks are ready
to enter the incubator now.

> but if that's what the people involved
> want I don't see anything wrong with it.  I mean it's not like a
> decision on a final home for the project has to happen now anyway.

Exactly.  If, when Pig is ready to graduate, there is a more
Hadoop-specific TLP, then it may make sense to have Pig join that as a
sub-project, or it may not.  But, for now, the folks involved have
elected to aim for TLP rather than Lucene sub-project (the available
options).

Doug