incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Export Notification - Using BouncyCastle in Tuscany Rel 1.0
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2007 17:45:07 GMT
Kevan Miller wrote:
> On Sep 15, 2007, at 10:03 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>> E.g. those projects which ship openssl binaries must do so by inhibiting
>> the IDEA/MDC2/RC5 algorithms, which is trivial.  Do the bouncycastle jar
>> distros have a similar segregation?  An unencumbered flavor we can ship?
>
> How exactly are the algorithms inhibited in openssl?

./configure no-mdc2 no-rc5 no-idea

The resulting binaries are entirely free of the encumbered algorithms.

Some who ship source code of openssl here in patent-land actually recurse
the source tree and strip any #ifdef sections relating to those defines
entirely from the sources as well.  But from the distributing binaries
point of view, there's no difference.