incubator-general mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r574186 - /incubator/public/trunk/site-author/ip-clearance/sanselan.xml
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 07:11:17 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>> [1] See also:
> My point was that the index needed to be updated, not just the content
> added.  It would be even better if the index were generated from the set
> of content.
I wanted to add sanselan to the index as soon as the received document
has been ack'ed but not sooner :)

> But actually, I wasn't paying quite enough attention, because as you
> noted:
>> I read the page [1] and it says that this is for existing projects.
> You are referring to:
>   This form is not for new projects. This is for projects and PMCs
>   that have already been created and are receiving a code donation
>   into an existing codebase. Any code that was developed outside of
>   the ASF SVN repository and our public mailing lists must be
>   processed like this, even if the external developer is already an
>   ASF committer.
> The wording is awkward.  The key is that the IP Clearance is a short-form
> for when a codebase is not going through Incubation, and is being cleared
> for immediate use within an existing ASF project.  For a new project, the
> Incubation STATUS document should be used.
> Key concept: the IP Clearance is supposed to be a subset of the Incubation
> STATUS document.
Ah, ok - I think there are some links from the incubator docs to the ip
clearance stuff, so perhaps this is all a little bit confusing.
Anyway, I think the important item is that we get the code grant
document signed :)

Carsten Ziegeler

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: