incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Jakarta [was: Effects on corporate backing withdrawals [was: Incubator Proposal: Pig]]
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2007 10:25:50 GMT
On Sunday 30 September 2007 01:19, Roland Weber wrote:
> The new HttpComponents as well
> as the old HttpClient we maintain are being used by Apache
> projects, so coming into the Incubator is not an option for
> HttpComponents.

I agree. And typically, TLPs receive somewhat more exposure than sub-projects
and a better chance of building a stronger community.

I don't know what to suggest, but perhaps recruiting one or more veteran
ASFer, either just off the member's list or some experienced Incubator
mentor, feeling this being important could just join the PMC and at least
ensure process with 3 pairs of eye balls.
It sounds to me there should be such interest...

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er