incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: How strict should podling release reviews be?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:19:07 GMT
On Friday 28 September 2007 16:16, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> IMHO the incubator PMC doesn't care much about technical issues in
> podling releases, at least for early releases.

This is an important observation. The reviewers has no opportunity to figure
out if the release at all work. That is up to the Podling, and AFAIA
concerned, the technical quality can be non-existent.
IMHO, the mentors are responsible together with the PPMC to bring the
technical quality to a level expected from ASF projects. But I feel it is at
that group's discretion.
AFAIR, technical quality hasn't been a problem in the past for graduations.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er