incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <>
Subject Re: How strict should podling release reviews be?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:10:53 GMT
On Friday 28 September 2007 15:40, ant elder wrote:
> Anyway, so i'm thinking more of a benevolent educator than traffic warden
> style reviewer role.

*My* worry is that quality will drop if there is no expectations.

So we could turn this around and say; What are the expectations from the I PMC

I happen to think that a smaller, new project should be given a much more
lenient treatment, than the larger projects in their 5th release cycle.

Should such distinction be ratified in policy? I don't think that is
necessary. Personal judgement is IMHO enough on a case-by-case basis.

Podlings are capable of making the review process smoother. Run RAT, publish
the result, publish the "???" and protests of RAT, plus make a small list
with explaination of why things are the way they are, just indicating that
you are on top of the issue, and I think most of us would gladly pass thru
less than perfect releases, since that shows you know what you are doing
which is more important than doing it correctly.

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here;
I  work here;
I relax here;