incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: How strict should podling release reviews be?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 02:35:34 GMT
On Friday 28 September 2007 05:12, Yoav Shapira wrote:

> Personally, that's my take on it, and what I've done historically.

I agree with Yoav, but would like to add that I personally have different
standards for different podlings, i.e.

 - The sooner one can expect graduation -> higher bar.
 - Projects with many existing ASFers in it -> higher bar.
 - Projects with high visibility outside Incubator, such as
   some ws.apache.org sponsored ones -> higher bar.

One problem we are facing is that we are unable to track the "delta" of issues
from one release to the next. If we could, then things would be so much
easier.
And don't forget, many projects are aiming for one perfect release to
graduate...

I think the end result of "rather strict than lenient" improves ASF legal
quality over time, as these concerns will "rub off" on less than perfect
reviews in other projects through the participation of individuals.

Cheers
Niclas