incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <>
Subject Re: Incubator Proposal: Pig
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2007 08:06:49 GMT
On Wednesday 19 September 2007 03:52, Olga Natkovich wrote:
> We would like to ask that the ASF consider forming a podling according to
> the proposal.

+1, but I also got a couple of observations.

a) The name "Pig" is somewhat provocative (not kosher/halal) and I would like
to hear the rationale behind the name, and whether there are any willingness
to look for another name.

b) I can't say that I understand the technical merits of the proposal, and
just see the headline "analyzing large data sets". And I would like to know
the relationship with UIMA's statement "... analyze large volumes of
unstructured information..." and hear whether there are overlap, synergies
and/or collaboration in view.

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here;
I  work here;