incubator-general mailing list archives

From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] JSPWiki
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:30:19 GMT
> Is there a roadmap for when JSPWiki will have all of the features and
> functionality of both Confluence and MoinMoin, including the
> Confluence
> macros we use, and the migration tools so that we can move all the
> existing
> data from these existing wikis to JSPWiki? Without that, I don't
> see us
> replacing our existing wikis with JSPWiki, and I'm absolutely not
> in favour
> of adding a third wiki flavour to our infrastructure.
>
> Is this the real reason JSPWiki wants to come to the ASF? To be the
> wiki
> that the ASF runs on?

Well, frankly, I don't really care what other projects are
running :-).  It's up to each project to choose the kind of
infrastructure they choose.  And I certainly see the point of not
complicating the infrastructure.

But, over time, migration tools will certainly emerge.  We have so
far not really been working on such things, as it hasn't really been
a priority.  Whether then the decision is made by ASF to adopt
JSPWiki as an official tool is pretty much out of my hands.  I would
certainly like to see it happen, and can offer help, but I'm not
exactly holding my breath.  It's certainly not a driving factor in
this whole transition.  The way I see it, it's a decision that ASF
will do based on ASF's own needs :-)

/Janne