incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] JSPWiki
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:31:55 GMT
On 9/6/07, Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:

> On 9/6/07, Martin Cooper <martinc@apache.org> wrote:
> > On 9/6/07, Gwyn Evans <gwyn.evans@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > While agreeing that it's something that needs looking at closely, I'm
> > > not I'm not sure it's downbeat as I think you're suggesting. The
> > > 3rd-party licencing policy at http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html
> > > redirects to the draft at http://people.apache.org/~rubys/3party.html,
> > > but that suggests that, especially for use in binary form, licences
> > > such as CDDL or CPL aren't necessarily incompatible...
> >

> > Right. However, as you noted, that's a draft, so it may change. I hope
> it
> > does.
>
> So you're expecting JSPWIki to be held to a standard that doesn't
> exist even in the draft documentation that we have for such things?

Expecting? No. Hoping for? Yes.

That seems rather extreme.  I'd suggest that such discussion belongs
> on the legal discuss mailing list, as opposed to on the incubator
> list.

It does. However, I brought it up here because I see a long list of non-AL
dependencies for JSPWiki and that concerns me. I think it's fair enough to
express those concerns here, no? The fact that it's part of a greater
concern that I have for the integrity of the ASF seemed relevant to me, even
if detailed discussion of that belongs elsewhere.

--
Martin Cooper

-garrett