incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of Tuscany SCA Java 1.0-incubating
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2007 16:32:38 GMT

On Sep 21, 2007, at 3:06 AM, ant elder wrote:

> The Tuscany project requests permission of the IPMC to release the
> Java SCA
> 1.0-incubating release.
>
> The SVN tag for the release is:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/
> 1.0-RC3a/
>
> The artifacts are available for review at:
> http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/1.0-RC3a/
>
> This includes the signed binary and source distributions, the RAT
> reports,
> and the Maven staging repository.
>
> The tuscany-dev vote thread has 11 +1s and is at:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-tuscany-dev/200709.mbox/
> %3c71e1b5740709191248v71ad5167n14802dbff96d40ba@mail.gmail.com%3e

Your NOTICE file looks incomplete to me. I sampled some of the NOTICE
files from lib/ jars in your binary distribution. Looks like some of
their attributions are not being reproduced in your notice file. For
example the following would seem relevant:

XmlSchema-1.3.2.jar:

    Portions Copyright 2006 International Business Machines Corp.

ode-bpel-api-1.1.jar:

    COPYRIGHT NOTICES

    Copyright 1999-2006 Intalio

    This product includes software developed by Intalio
    http://www.intalio.com

    Copyright 2006 Sybase

    This product includes software developed by Sybase.
    http://www.sybase.com

These would all seem applicable to your distribution... I would guess
that there are other missing attributions...

--kevan