incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: All licenses in a single file [WAS: Re: [VOTE] Publish the Woden M7b release]
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 19:30:44 GMT

> > This is about sources, not binaries, right? If you don't include
> > the source but only the binary (.jar), then the situation might
> > be different.
>
> It's my understanding that the same applies to both source and binary. But
> you're correct that the right place to go for verification of this (or
> otherwise) is legal-discuss.

I think that's correct, if you check the ASL you'll see the following:

*4. Redistribution*. You may reproduce and distribute copies of the Work or
Derivative Works thereof in any medium, with or without modifications, and
in Source or Object form, provided that You meet the following conditions:
a) You must give any other recipients of the Work or Derivative Works a copy
of this License; and

"Source and Object form" are both mentioned and same restrictions apply,
which is also the case for most open source licenses that we're able to
redistribute I think. So binaries must be distributed with the reproduced
license as well.

Matthieu