incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do we meet the definition of ECCN 5D002 ?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 21:11:04 GMT
On 8/16/07, Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> I just found [1], and I was wonderiing if we don't fall under the
> definition of ECCN 5D002 for our binary distribution with deps.  In
> this distribution we include binaries that support https, sft and ssh (and
> maybe other via vfs).
>
> Does that fall under the definition of ECCN 5D002 ?

possibly

AIUI one of the problems is that the regulations are fairly opaque

the best place to ask is on the apache legal-discuss list

> PS: Note that if it is the case, there are probably a lot of other
> project missing in [2]

quite possibly

it's actually quite hard to tell. i've run a POM->RDF on the maven 2
repository but only turned up one project which turned out not to
require a license :-/

- robert