incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Concern over JSR-311 and any other Sun-led JSRs
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 04:23:17 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

>>> I would just add that JSR-311 might also be an option.
>> As an aside (and since you folks are on the Expert Group), do we
>> know if JAX-RS will be under a suitable specification license,
>> or has Sun encumbered it as they have other Sun-led specifications?
> We don't know.  We won't implement JSR-311 if it isn't open, but at
> this point I wouldn't trust Sun even if they promised a BSD license.

Then why, for crying out loud, are we in the Java Community permitting Sun
to lead any JSRs?  We hardly need them for this JSR -- as if Sun are even
remotely subject matter experts -- much less many others.  Let's boot Sun
out of the specification process, and return to OPEN Specifications.  Surely
Day Software and others are qualified -- more qualified than Sun in fact --
to lead a JAX-RS effort.

	--- Noel