incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Blue Sky Distance Collaboration System_Proposal Draft
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 07:55:02 GMT
Hi there,

I have a few high level technical questions about the scope of the
system. I am just trying to understand what it is.

* There is a quote 'BSDCS [...] changes the model from the
"conference" to "collaboration"'. So is that video conferencing
software that also allows playback of prerecorded content, or am I
missing some other collaboration aspects?

* Why a custom player? I mean there's nothing wrong with it, but
would it be possible to use the existing players, such as VLC (http://
www.videolan.org/)?

Cheers,
Andrus