incubator-general mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.0-incubating
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:40:47 GMT
The UIMA developers ask the Incubator PMC for permission to
publish a new release of UIMA, the second in the incubator.
This release contains many incremental changes and
improvements, please see the release notes for an exhaustive
list.

We held a vote on uima-dev that resulted in 5 binding +1s
(all the committers) and no 0s or -1s.  The vote thread
is here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-uima-dev/200708.mbox/%3c46C017D2.20209@gmx.de%3e

Please review the release candidate here:
http://people.apache.org/~twgoetz/uima-2.2.0-incubating/

There are 4 subdirectories.  /bin and /src contain the binary
and source distributions, respectively.  /RAT-reports contains
the RAT reports for the binary and src distributions, plus
a short README that explains those files that RAT isn't
sure about.  The RAT reports were generated with RAT 0.5.1.
The /maven directory finally contains a m2 staging repository
with the Maven artifacts we would like to release to the
incubator repo.  This is the first time we're releasing
Maven artifacts, but we got expert advice and hope that
everything is above board.

The SVN tag for this release candidate is:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-2.2.0/uimaj-2.2.0-RC8

--Thilo