incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Blue Sky Distance Collaboration System_Proposal Draft
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:00:11 GMT
Thanks! This certainly makes things more clear. While most of the
people on this list are programming geeks, this is still somewhat
outside of the mainstream area of expertise here, so expect to
explain what BSDCS is over and over :-)

>  In literature, this kind of application is called /Multi-object
> Multimedia Applications(MMAs)/.

BTW I haven't found much usage of this term via Google, except for
the BSDCS site.

A few more questions if I may:

* The proposal mentions that BSDCS is currently "an open source [..]
project". Is there currently a place where people outside your team
can access the source code? Among other things, providing access to
source code may help you to find interested developers at Apache.

* This maybe redundant considering the previous question, but what
license are you using at the moment? And also if you rely on any
third-party open source packages, what license those packages require?

Thanks
Andrus