incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Blue Sky Distance Collaboration System_Proposal Draft
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 02:07:32 GMT
On Friday 31 August 2007 09:50, t.peng.dev wrote:
> We've decided to use open source license to release our source,
> GPL and from apache license are both good.

Well, at Apache we only use Apache license (strange,huh?), so you won't have a
choice if coming here.
There are also legal requirements to obtain the permission of all(!)
contributors to your project to change the licensing to Apache license,
unless already done so and we need a record of that.

> BSDCS depends on API provided by FFMpeg, it use GPL.

This is probably a big issue, and you will most likely need to work away from
this dependency.

Another question;

 * Has the project been developed with any source control tooling, so the
entire codebase history is preserved? This would help a lot in the audit
process.

Cheers
Niclas