incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release CXF 2.0.1-incubator
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 02:43:47 GMT

Robert,

Thanks for the review, comments inline.

On Tuesday 07 August 2007 17:34, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On 8/6/07, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
> > We held a vote on cxf-dev@incubator.apache.org to publish a new
> > patch release of Apache CXF.
>
> question
> ----------
> i note that bouncycastle is shipped. CXF is not listed on
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/. has someone checked on
> http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html that a filing isn't required?

Hmm...  I didn't know about this stuff.    I'll review this more tomorrow
when my brain is more fresh.   I'll assume some of this (like updating
the pages) may require more access than I have so I'll talk to our
mentors about that as well.

> (this is missing from the current documentation :-/
>
> http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0.1-incubator_take2/maven_
>repo/org/apache/cxf/cxf-testutils/2.0.1-incubator/cxf-testutils-2.0.1-i
>ncubator-sources.jar contains a lot of generated source marked as such
> in the javadocs. it also contains a number of other source which is
> not marked as generated but which is missing the apache header. is
> this all generated?

Most likely yes.   A ran the arat stuff on the real "source" and
everything was OK.

Summary
-------
Notes: 0
Binaries: 0
Archives: 0
Standards: 149

Apache Licensed: 149
Generated Documents: 0

JavaDocs are generated and so license header is optional
Generated files do not required license headers

0 Unknown Licenses

*******************************

This jar has a lot of stuff generated from a bunch of different
methods/tools.   There are JAXB generated thing, wsdl2java generated
things, even .java files created with XSL scripts.

> major issues
> ---------------
> http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0.1-incubator_take2/maven_
>repo/org/apache/cxf/cxf-eclipse-plugin/2.0.1-incubator/cxf-eclipse-plug
>in-2.0.1-incubator.zip is missing LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER

They are there in the plugins/org.apache.cxf_2.0.1-incubator/META-INF
dir.   Since this is an eclipse plugin, we are restricted as to where we
can put them as they need to go someplace that Eclipse won't barf about.
They are ALSO in plugins/org.apache.cxf_2.0.1-incubator/about_files and
there is an about.html file that points to them.    If someone clicks
on "about this plugin" in eclipse, they will get that which will list
all the disclaimers and stuff.

> minor issues
> ---------------
>
> http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0.1-incubator_take2/maven_
>repo/org/apache/cxf/cxf-eclipse-plugin/2.0.1-incubator/ has some
> misnamed signatures (i think that
> cxf-eclipse-plugin-2.0.1-incubator-.zip.asc  should be
> cxf-eclipse-plugin-2.0.1-incubator.zip.asc)

This is a bug in the maven gpg plugin.   I fixed the maven plugin, just
haven't had time to release that.    It seems to stick an extra "-" at
the end sometimes.   You're correct that just removing the "-" lines the
files up correctly.   I'll rename those in the morning.

Thanks for the review!

Dan

> - robert

J. Daniel Kulp