incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject ODE Board Resolution draft
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 14:36:54 GMT
Hi,

We've drafted a first version of the resolution to be submitted to the board
for the graduation of ODE as a TLP. It's reproduced at the end of this
e-mail for your review.

Since the start of our graduation we believe we've demonstrated our ability
to build a community and grow it in an open and respectful manner, hopefully
in a true Apache way. We've resolved the conflicts created before our
incubation around two different donated code bases. We've since then
continued the development of the project and have grown a community of
supporting users. We've recently built an incubator release and attracted a
new committer. Finally, the formation of our PPMC has been a bit tardy but
all the individuals composing it have demonstrated their ability to take
decisions and organize the project in a positive way as part of our
development community. For all these reasons we believe we're ready for
graduation.

Once everybody is happy with the resolution, we can start a vote for
recommendation to the board.

Thanks!
Matthieu

Establish the Apache ODE project

       open-source software related to business process management
       (BPM), process orchestration and workflow through service
       composition, for distribution at no charge to the public.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache ODE Project",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache ODE Project be and hereby is
       related to business process management (BPM), process
       orchestration and workflow through service composition; and
       be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache ODE" be and
       hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at
       the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
       Apache ODE Project, and to have primary responsibility for
       management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
       of the Apache ODE Project; and be it further

       Apache ODE Project:

         * Alan Cabrera       (adc@apache.org)
         * Assaf Arkin        ( assaf@apache.org)
         * Alex Boisvert      ( boisvert@apache.org)
         * Cory Harper        (charper@apache.org)
         * Guillaume Nodet    ( gnodet@apache.org)
         * Lance Waterman     ( lwaterman@apache.org)
         * Maciej Szefler     ( mszefler@apache.org)
         * Matthieu Riou      (mriou@apache.org)
         * Paul R. Brown      ( paulrbrown@apache.org)

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Matthieu
       Riou be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache ODE, to
       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board
       of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
       resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until
       a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache ODE Project be and hereby
       Incubator ODE podling; and be it further

       Incubator ODE podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
       PMC are hereafter discharged.