incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subscribe to community@apache.org and commiters-cvs@apache.org
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2007 16:36:14 GMT
On 7/21/07, Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> And sorry to have bother you.  Next time I will try to contact the
> moderators directly.

or chat to infrastructure

it's best to subscribe using your apache address. failing that, it
should be the address forwarded.

> I just have a question/remarks that might be useful for others:  Is it
> possible to register to a mailing list using the our apache address
> without ssh and pine or port forwarding as described in [1]?

it is possible (but not from google mail)

> I think not.  Indeed, it seems that ezmlm take the into account the
> 'Sender' and not the 'From' header.  At least, it is what I see in the
> mail asking the confirmation of the subscription.  I sent the mail
> 'From' my apache address, but my gmail address is still the 'Sender',
> and ezmlm ask me to confirm my subscription of my gmail address.

you need to use an account that will allow you to fake all the
headers. many (but not all) ISPs will allow you to do this through
their secure SMTP servers. you then need to set up your client so that
it fakes the appropriate headers. most email clients do this for any
secondary accounts.

- robert