incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subscribe to community@apache.org and commiters-cvs@apache.org
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:29:35 GMT
Thanks,

And sorry to have bother you.  Next time I will try to contact the
moderators directly.

I just have a question/remarks that might be useful for others:  Is it
possible to register to a mailing list using the our apache address
without ssh and pine or port forwarding as described in [1]?

I think not.  Indeed, it seems that ezmlm take the into account the
'Sender' and not the 'From' header.  At least, it is what I see in the
mail asking the confirmation of the subscription.  I sent the mail
'From' my apache address, but my gmail address is still the 'Sender',
and ezmlm ask me to confirm my subscription of my gmail address.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/user-email.html

Gilles