incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: engaging PRC about trademark issue
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 01:29:01 GMT
Hi,

> In the last report, jim suggested to engage the PRC about our trademark
> investigation. I guess the PRC is Public Relations Committee, right? My
> question is how do I contact the PRC? I found a press@apache.org address
> somewhere (but google is not very good at giving information about the PRC),
> but I don't know if it's a mailing list or a mail alias. In other words
> should I subscribe first and simply send an e-mail?

The PRC is an underground, cleverly-hidden, un-google-indexed branch
of the ASF tasked with dangerous missions..

Oh wait, no, that's wrong.  The PRC is just poorly advertised, and as
a member for a little while now, I'm as guilty as anyone else.

Contact the PRC with whatever is on your mind by emailing
prc@apache.org.  press@apache.org is a forwarding address, it goes to
prc@apache.org, but is nicer for dissemination for outside
organizations.  We (the PRC) are working on FAQs, ways to engage all
the PMCs (including Podling PMCs), and more, but that's a little ways
away.

If you're a committer, you can see exactly who's on the PRC by looking
up commitee-info.txt in the committers' SVN repository.  Jags, who's
the current ASF chair, is also the PRC chair at the moment, and the
membership includes a number of ASF members who are far more comically
talented than myself.

Yoav