incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: New Incubator Proposal: Sanselan - a java image library
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 16:34:53 GMT
> together with Charles M. Chen I came up with a proposal to move the
> great open source java image library, Sanselan, to Apache.

> Now, currently we are looking for interested parties, especially for
> mentors and a sponsoring project, perhaps commons would be a good
> place for sanselan?

Echoing Jeremias' questions, is this something that Harmony could use under
the covers to provide (part of) its Java imaging implementation?  As he
noted, "generally the usefulness of Sanselan would increase a lot with an
ImageIO adapter."

FWIW, I'm not all that keen to remove functionality.

	--- Noel