incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: policy on incubating artifacts
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 06:32:04 GMT
Hi Steve,

There is plenty of information on the incubator web site. I suggest
reading
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html (not
normative)
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/
Incubation_Policy.html#Releases (normative)

The references below are more discussions on the mechanics of how and
where to store release artifacts. They are not disputing the process
of release which is pretty well articulated in the references above.

You can post more detailed questions on general@incubator.apache.org.

Craig

On Jul 30, 2007, at 11:10 PM, Gilles Scokart wrote:

> Mmm...  It seems that there is no real decision taken on the
> subject [1].
> And it was not the first time that it was discussed. [2]
>
> So, for the moment it is not clear for me what incubator project can
> do, and what they can not do.
>

> [1] http://www.nabble.com/-POLL--Incubator-Maven-Repository-
> tf3699415.html#a10344861
> [2] http://www.nabble.com/Maven-2-repo-for-incubating-project-
> releases--tf2008291.html#a5517073
>
> Gilles
>
> 2007/7/31, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>:
>> I suggerst you search the general@incubator archives.
>>
>> On 30/07/2007, at 9:09 PM, Steve Loughran wrote:
>>
>>> What's the policy on publishing stuff in the incubator? Like Ivy
>>> alpha/betas?
>>

> --
> Gilles SCOKART

Craig Russell