incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] Create new guide: first steps outside the incubator
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:04:03 GMT
On 7/16/07, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> there's an argument that this material would be better in the main
> apache site. i recommend checking with community.

Hmm, the transferring resources and establishing a tlp is not
something that happens often in the community aiui. If it is, then we
need a creating tlp guide in community, and refer to that from the
graduation guide. There really is no need to keep repeating ourselves
:-)

Given the following usecases:
 - graduate from incubator to sub project
 - graduate from incubator to tlp
 - become tlp from existing sub project
 - change Chair

there is quite an overlap between the usecases.

I do think that the community docs could need an overhaul, because
there's a lot of duplication, at least when I was trying to upload a
release to the mirroring system. I doubt it is any different in other
subjects.

Given that I'm currently only able to act on the incubator docs, I'd
like to change those first (one battle at a time).

Martijn

--
Wicket joins the Apache Software Foundation as Apache Wicket
Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta2 is released