incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Discuss: Package Naming for Incubator Release of River
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2007 18:15:45 GMT
IMHO, unless there are trademark or licensing issues involved, there
should be no "Apache rules" about Java package naming schemes. Package
names are an arbitrary implementation detail, and the one and only
concern should be what makes the most sense to the individual
community. When it comes to implementation details, the controlling
"Apache rule" should be that "The PMC as a whole is the entity that
controls the project, nobody else."

-Ted.