incubator-general mailing list archives

From "ant elder" <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator new committer redux
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2007 08:52:32 GMT

> The thread has died down with no consensus, so I'm going to try again.
>
> Regarding how a Podling can get a "new to Apache" committer. First,
> the rules:
>
> 1. Only the Incubator PMC can vote in a new committer, with three +1
> and no -1 votes recorded.

Is this an immutable rule?

Poddlings had been happily voting in their own committers for years and the
Incubator website documented they could do that, but this seemed to change
about April this year, around here:
http://marc.info/?l=incubator-general&m=117623363521101&w=2, and the website
started being updated to reflect that new mode.

Wouldn't it be good for the learning process if some way could be found to
empower the poddling and for the IPMC to have a less hands on approach?

   ...ant