incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] Proposal guide - please review
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:25:50 GMT
On 7/15/07, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html is marked as DRAFT.
> it has quite a lot of content so hopefully we should be able to tidy
> it up and push towards a good version.
>
> is any additional content needed?
>
> is the structure ok?
>
> is it easy to understand?
>
> please take a critical look

Very good guide, I remember the version online last october helped me a lot
to write the proposal. Having a lot of examples is a huge plus.

Speaking about examples, I've only a small concern with "known risks"
examples. Indeed, except for the "reliance on salaried developers", I think
the examples only show proposals where the known risk is not really a risk.
It may make people think that you need to be strong in these areas to make a
proposal, while this section (if I understand correctly) is important to
show that you know the risk, not that the risk is very low in your case.

My 2 c.

Xavier

- robert