incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release of Ivy 2.0.0-alpha2-incubating
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 07:46:14 GMT
On 7/17/07, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/17/07, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 7/16/07, ant elder <antelder@apache.org> wrote:
> > > There's one missing license header in the src distro on
> IvyTaskTest.java,
>
> yep
>
> (need to add some new features to RAT sometimes soon to regain my
> advantage ;-)
>
> > Good catch, I missed this one. I'll update it for next release.
>
> good enough for me
>
> > and I think its now preferred to include all licenses in the one LICENSE
> > > file instead of having the separate LICENSE.jquery and LICENSE.jschfiles,
> > > but neither of those things are blockers.
> >
> > I took example on Ant, but I will put everything in the LICENSE file for
> > next release.
>
> yep
>
> i'm +1
>
> comments (subjective)
> --------------------------
>
> good release notes

Thanks!

MANIFEST.MF is missing vendor-id

Indeed, we'll take care of that for next release.

i prefer source distributions to unpack to a different directory
> (apache-ivy-1.2.3-src, say) from the binary distribution. there is an
> alternative school of thought but this means that unpacking over the
> top needs to form a harmonious overlay.

It sounds like a good idea. We'll discuss that further on ivy-dev@i.a.o,
feel free to join if you want to defend your opinion :-)

Xavier

- robert